David B. Holnagel is of counsel with the Firm. David is an experienced trial attorney, trying roughly 70 cases to verdict. His practice has focused on auto accidents, and homeowner issues including landslide and unstable soil claims. David has also been regularly retained by insurance companies to complete examinations under oath.
Prior to becoming of counsel for Wingert Grebing, David opened the San Diego location of Bush Holnagel in 1998 and morphed into the Law Office of David B. Holnagel in 1989 where he stayed for the remainder of his practice. He is married with two grown married daughters and three grandchildren.
David graduated from Michigan State University 1975 with Honors obtaining a business degree with a major in Hotel Restaurant and Institutional Management. After a couple years in the restaurant management business, David did his parents “proud” and became a flight attendant for United Airlines. After three years he entered Southwestern University School of Law while working full time graduating in 1984. After law school, David went to work for Perona Langer in Long Beach as a clerk and then attorney. He then moved on to Maurer Higginbotham and Harris for 1.5 years and then to Castner and Bush which morphed into Bush, Holnagel and Del Tondo around 1987.
David loves golf, bike riding, travel, cooking, and is passionate about college basketball. He is a member of the Aztec Club and a San Diego State basketball season ticket holder.
- State Bar of California 1984
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Juris Doctor in 1984 from Southwestern Law School from the University of San Diego School of Law
- Bachelor Degree in Business from Michigan State University in 1975
Professional Memberships and Affiliations:
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Defense Lawyers
- 1999 IASIU Dedicated Service Award
- 2007 IASIU Defense Attorney of the Year
- 2015 IASIU Attorney of the Year
- Current Co-counsel to Southern California Chapter International Association of Special Investigation Units IASIU