Bob is a trial attorney with an emphasis on premises liability, product liability and personal injury litigation, including catastrophic injury claims on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants. He also handles a wide variety of cases involving complex real property and business disputes, legal malpractice (defense), malicious prosecution and claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Bob has been retained in cases for and against multi-national insurance companies. He represents major commercial and retail centers in ongoing litigation, and advises on risk management and pre-litigation matters. Bob’s skills and abilities as an attorney have garnered repeated recognition, including an AV© Preeminent© rating from Martindale-Hubbell (highest legal competence) and election to the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). Since 2007, Bob has been named to the Best Lawyers in America©. He also appears in the current editions of San Diego Super Lawyers® and Corporate Counsel Edition Super Lawyers®. Bob began his legal career when he joined Wingert Grebing as a law clerk in 1987.
- State Bar of California 1989
- United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of California
- Juris Doctor in 1989 from the University of San Diego School of Law
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Communication Studies in 1986 from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois
Professional Memberships and Affiliations:
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates. ABOTA is an invitation-only organization of experienced trial attorneys who advocate for the preservation of the Seventh Amendment right to a jury trial.
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- San Diego County Barristers Club Board of Directors 1992-1993.
- Certified NFL Contract Advisor (2000)
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV© Preeminent© rating. This rating reflects a determination the attorney so recognized has demonstrated the highest legal competence.
- Best Lawyers in America©, 2007 to present
- Southern California Super Lawyers® 2010 to present
- Corporate Counsel Edition Super Lawyers® 2010 to present
- San Diego Magazine “Best Lawyers in San Diego” 2007 to present